Stand-alone Terminal Unit
with PICV control
The room temperature in different applications, such as Fan Coil Units, Chilled Beams, Chilled Ceilings, Trench Heaters, is controlled by a room controller.
The room controller has a built in temperature sensor and delivers an output signal to the PICV actuator.
The control signal can either be modulating or on/off depending on the system layout.
- The PICV ensures balancing of the flow and eliminates the use of both static balancing valves and differential pressure control valves.
- Simple installation as only the PICV is required with no need for additional pressure or flow balancing valves.
- Low total pressure loss in the system due to simple design.
- The flow can be set directly on the PICV without the need of a manometer or a commissioning unit.
- The differential pressure only needs to be checked at the PICV placed at the index point, or at the end of every branch.
- Minimum differential pressure required for the PICV must be available at design flow.
- A metering station can be placed on the branch if additional flow verification is required by the witnessing authority.