Stand-alone Terminal Unit
with PICV control and Self Acting Thermostat
The room temperature in different applications, such as Fan Coil Units, Radiators and Trench Heaters, is controlled by a self-acting room thermostat.
The room thermostat has a remote sensor and can be directly connected to the PICV.
- The PICV ensures balancing of the flow and eliminates the use of both static balancing valves and differential pressure control valves.
- Simple installation as only the PICV is required with no need for additional pressure or flow balancing valves.
- Low total pressure loss in the system due to simple design.
- The flow can be set directly on the PICV without the need of a manometer or a commissioning unit.
- The differential pressure only needs to be checked at the PICV placed at the index point, or at the end of every branch.
- Minimum differential pressure required for the PICV must be available at design flow.
A metering station can be placed on the branch if additional flow verification is required by the witnessing authority